The TRX Row exercise is good for the strength development of the upper back.
To perform the TRX Row exercise:
- Shorten the TRX straps all the way up.
- Set your body in a straight line, as if you were in a vertical plank position.
- While keeping your arms straight, walk your feet forward until there is tension in the straps. This is starting position.
- Make sure to keep your palms facing each other throughout the lift.
- To begin the movement, retract your shoulder blades back and down.
- Now, pull your torso towards your hands keeping your elbows close to your body.
- Your body should remain rigid and your palms and wrists should stay neutral.
- Lower your body back to the starting position and repeat.
- If the exercise is too easy, move feet a bit farther forward.
- If it is too difficult with correct form, move your feet back a bit.
If you find that TRX rows become too easy, you can add some difficulty to the exercise. The lower you get, the harder the exercise becomes. You can even have a trainer or partner hold your feet in the air. If you can’t find someone to assist, a medicine or BOSU ball may work just as good.