Low to High Cable Wood Chop
This dynamic exercise works the obliques and upper abs while keeping your heart rate up. Although this is a full-body move, it doesn’t require a lot of space, so that you can do it almost anywhere.
Directions for Completing a Low to High Cable Wood Chop
- Attach a single grip attachment to a low pulley machine and select the weight you want to use.
- Start with your feet wider than shoulder width and your toes slightly pointed outwards.
- Grab a low cable handle with both hands
- Drop down to one side and lock your arms
- Take your arms out in front of you and move up, rotating your stretching leg and pivoting around to the other side of the body
- Slowly lower weight back to starting position.
- Repeat for the opposite side of the body.
Consider trying this exercise with a dumbbell, kettlebell or medicine ball
Wood Chop Tip:
- Keep the arms straight throughout the exercise.