Low- to High-Cable Wood Chop
The wood chop is a great exercise for hitting the abs and obliques.
- Attach a single grip attachment to a low pulley machine and select the weight you want to use
- Start with your feet wider than shoulder-width and your toes slightly pointed outwards.
- Grab a low cable handle with both hands
- Drop down to one side and lock your arms
- Take your arms out in front of you and move up, rotating your stretching leg and pivoting around to the other side of the body
- Slowly lower your weight back to starting position
- Repeat for the opposite side of the body
Wood Chop Tip: Keep your arms straight throughout the exercise