- Arms are straight; head is neutral; shoulders are level and not hunched.
- Upper body is leaning forward from the hips with the shoulders in front of the hips.
- Shins are vertical, or as close to vertical as is comfortable for you. Shins should not move beyond perpendicular.
- Heels may lift as needed.
- Start the drive by pressing with your legs, and then swing the back through the vertical position before finally adding the arm pull.
- Hands move in a straight line to and from the flywheel.
- Shoulders remain low and relaxed.
- Upper body is leaning back slightly, using good support from
the core muscles.
- Legs are extended and handle is held lightly below your ribs.
- Shoulders should be low with wrists and grip relaxed. Wrists should be flat.
- Extend your arms until they straighten before leaning from the hips towards the flywheel.
- Once your hands have cleared your knees, allow your knees to bend and gradually slide the seat forward on the monorail.
- For your next stroke, return to the catch position with shoulders relaxed